Simple Fresh and White
Simple, unadorned, minimalistic design is not just a fashion trend but an attitude. This season’s silhouettes are casual and enveloping which makes cut and fabric quality that much more important in the pursuit of CHIC.
And YES, Summer ’15 has a love affair with white. If it’s not as a total look, it’s worn with the citrus and blue shades, french navy, sand or black. The alternative is to wear a whole lot of colour. Prints are from the artist’s brush, hand painted or with a space age attitude in digital form. Florals are also mainstream but as pretty florals are not part of my signature look, it is the one trend I have chosen to overlook.
1) The cropped wide leg pant.
2) The long loose day dress.
3) The pant of the 70’s….Flares.
4) The loose 70’s beach dress.
5) Kelly Green.
6) New shaped shoulder chemise dress.
7) Full skirted shirt dress.
8) Black and white op art prints in tunics and dresses.
9) Stripes in T-shirts and T-shirt dresses.
10) The Mary Quant look.
11) Crushed linens in American prairie girl skirts.
12) Laser cut technology in bold mesh fabrics for outer wear.
13) The strapless beach dress.
14) Espadrilles – the new flats.
15) The midi skirt.
16) The classic tan belt – can be worn with most garments.
17) Tea dresses.
18) Sexy sheer inserts in dresses and tops.
19) The sexy tube skirt.
20) Multitasking tunic dresses.